Did you know that our heart has an intelligence all of its own and is separate from the brain intelligence? Ayurveda has known this for thousands of years and modern science is also starting to understand the intelligence of the heart.
Ayurveda states that true intelligence comes from our heart. Outward directed intelligence comes from our brain and is connected to our senses. When our brain is dominating the workings of intelligence, then we are more prone to mental imbalances.
The HeartMath Institute in California is doing really interesting research into the role of our heart. Here are some of the key findings from their paper "Science of the Heart: Exploring the Role of the Heart in Human Performance":
- The heart is far more than a simple pump. The heart is, in fact, a highly complex, self-organized information processing center with its own functional “brain” that communicates with and influences the cranial brain via the nervous system, hormonal system and other pathways.
- The heart’s electromagnetic field—by far the most powerful rhythmic field produced by the human body—not only envelops every cell of the body but also extends out in all directions into the space around us. The cardiac field can be measured several feet away from the body by sensitive devices. Research conducted at IHM suggests that the heart’s field is an important carrier of information.
- When people touch or are in proximity, one person’s heartbeat signal is registered in the other person’ s brainwaves.
- As people learn to sustain heart-focused positive feeling states, the brain can be brought into entrainment with the heart.
- When two people are at a conversational distance, the electromagnetic signal generated by one person’s heart can influence the other person’s brain rhythms. When an individual is generating a coherent heart rhythm, synchronization between that individual’s brainwaves and another person’s heart- beat is more likely to occur.
True intelligence is our real wealth and its centre is in our hearts! If we can connect with our heart intelligence and less with our brain then we will certainly be directed to our true path in life. It will also bring joy, peace, love and compassion to our lives and everyone around us.
Read the full paper from the HeartMath Institute at: https://www.heartmath.org/resources/downloads/science-of-the-heart/